Frequently Asked Questions
Dav El | BostonCoach, has wholly-owned company branches in major market locations throughout the United States including Boston, Manchester NH, New York City, Newark NJ, Philadelphia, Baltimore & Washington, Palm Beach, Miami, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and San Diego and a global network of quality chauffeured transportation partners, servicing thousands of cities in 550 metropolitan areas in 50 countries.
Waiting time is defined as the length of time that elapses between a scheduled pickup and a passenger getting into the reserved vehicle. All flat-rate trips have a five-minute grace period, after which a charge of $8.25 is applied for every five minutes a chauffeur is waiting.
Chauffeurs undergo extensive background checks and their driving is monitored by in-vehicle cameras. In addition:
Rates & Fees
Dav El | BostonCoach offers flat rates — service to and from thousands of selected destinations available at a set price rather than billed at hourly rates. The routes covered by flat rates include those most frequently taken by travelers, such as to and from most major cities and airports. These rates are sometimes referred to as fixed or point-to-point rates.
The base fare refers to the cost of the ride before any discounts or additional charges, such as tolls, parking, etc., are applied.
Time-based billing, also referred to as hourly or “as directed” rates, are charged on rides to which a flat rate does not apply. You will be billed for the time the vehicle and chauffeur are available to you, plus positioning time (see below).
The positioning charge refers to the cost incurred for the vehicle and chauffeur to travel to your pickup location and return from your drop-off point.
- + Most time-based rides are subject to a fixed positioning charge, which is based on vehicle type and billed at 1.5 times the hourly rate.
- + For time-based routes outside major metropolitan areas or between regions (e.g., New York City to Albany), charges are calculated from the time the vehicle leaves the garage to the pickup location until it returns to the garage from the drop-off location billed at the hourly rate.
- We charge for any toll costs incurred between the pickup and drop-off destinations, as well as for tolls during the chauffeur’s return trip.
At selected airports and certain other locations, chauffeurs are required to pay for parking while waiting at a pickup location or during a stop.
- The administrative fee represents a very small fraction of numerous operating expenses and regulatory levies imposed by municipal, state, and federal governments, agencies, and commissions, including airport, regulatory, licensing, and other fees.
A surcharge, consisting of a fixed percentage of the non-discounted base fare, shall be added to reimburse Dav El | BostonCoach for our operating costs, other than tolls, parking, and airport fees which are separately charged.
- Dav El | BostonCoach reserves the right to modify its operating costs surcharge structure based on any increases in fuel and insurance costs, regulatory assessments, and other operating expenses.
Dav El | BostonCoach provides child seats upon request, where available, for an additional fee of $25 per seat, which will be reflected in the “Other” fees in the price breakdown.
- Additional fees are miscellaneous charges such as catering for food and beverage requests by groups or overnight chauffeur expenses for long-distance travel. Any out-of-pocket expense required to meet special requests.
Sales tax is applied in some states, such as New York, New Jersey, and Georgia, as well as in selected cities and most international destinations.
- In October, the New York State Division of Tax and Finance mandated new regulations to medallion owners and for-hire bases to collect the congestion surcharge, as required by State Law. The amount of the surcharge depends on the type of vehicle that provides the transportation in or through the congestion zone, as follows:
- + $2.75 per trip provided by a for-hire vehicle that is not a taxi or a pool vehicle;
- + $2.50 per trip provided by a medallion (yellow) taxicab vehicle;
- + $0.75 per passenger for a trip provided by a pool vehicle.
State Law requires that the Congestion Surcharge must be passed on to the passenger and may not be deducted from the driver’s pay. Additionally, State Law further requires that Medallion Owners and FHV Bases remit the surcharge to the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance.
- + Passenger-requested stops on route that are in the same pickup zone during a flat-rate trip will be charged $29.00 plus $8.25 per five (5) minute increment for any wait at the stop location.
- + Passenger-requested stops on route that are in a different pickup zone during a flat-rate trip will be charged $45.00 plus $8.25 per five (5) minute increment for any wait at the stop location.
- + Passenger-requested stops off route during a flat-rate trip will be charged the prevailing hourly rate.
Making Life Easier
- Dav El | BostonCoach is improving our transportation options by providing Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles (WAV) for clients with disabilities. All Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles (WAV) offered by Dav El | BostonCoach are available for reservation through the booking portal on our website, our mobile app, or our 24/7 call-center (800.672.7676). Please mention “Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles” during the booking process to secure a (WAV) vehicle for your reservation.
- From time to time Dav El | BostonCoach will offer customers promotional discounts on rides. Please note that only one code will be accepted per reservation and the code must be entered at checkout in order for the discount to be applied to the reservation.