GBTA Industry Voices: Managing Director & Chief Sales Officer, Steve Pitel, sat down with Scott Solombrino, Executive Director & Chief Operating Officer at GBTA, to discuss GBTA support and presence, sustainability, and A.I. within the ground transportation industry. Watch the full interview below!
Dav El | BostonCoach have always been a supporter of GBTA at Convention and it’s great to see you expand your presence into Europe at both the GBTA Europe Conference and here at the Strategic meetings management Symposium. What influenced your decision to increase your profile?
- So far this year, we have seen a 60 to 1 ROI on the investment we have spent with GBTA, and for this reason we plan on attending numerous events for 2020.
- Last year we did only two GBTA events, and this year we have committed to 5 so far.
Sustainability is high on every corporate agenda. What measures are you taking to ensure you support the environment?
- Dav El | BostonCoach headquarters were designed by an accredited green architect in accordance with LEED standard (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design).
- We choose certain types of vehicles, maintain them, and replace them on a schedule that ensures maximum vehicle performance and minimal fuel consumption.
- Our chauffeurs also go through extensive training that promotes our green vision, including fuel-saving methods of acceleration and braking.
- We mandate no more than 30 seconds of idling time.
The use of A.I is building momentum in our industry. How are is A.I making an impact on ground transportation and Dav El | BostonCoach?
- With our worldwide fleet of vehicles, we have used geo-fencing for logistics.
- Geo-fencing enables us to stay on track and manage our pickup and drop-off times as well as to gather needed intelligence on driver performance.
- Auto-dispatching plays a huge role in our on-demand service, ensuring the nearest driver is assigned to the customer. It also assists in dispatching our scheduled trips.
- We create algorithms that mean efficiency for our cars and no dead heading.
- We use hardware like Silent Passenger and Tripshot for more efficient fleet management.