Smart device apps today are integral to our lives. For some, they are just as important as eating three square meals a day! From the moment we wake until our head hits the pillow, millions of people around the world access close to 10 apps daily. As a digital immigrant, in 2021 it’s almost impossible to remember the days before smartphones and apps, but with 3.2 billion smartphone users globally, it’s no wonder we use apps to help run our lives.
The history of app development and implementation was actually quite fast. Prior to the release of the iPhone in 2007 and the eventual launch of the App Store (with 500 apps), Apple launched iTunes with the release of the iPod. In 2008, Android users acquired their apps, games, and shows from Android Market (music and books came from another source). Then in 2012, Google consolidated all of Android’s content and Google Play was born.
Here are just a few of the benefits of the new Dav El|BostonCoach Android app:
- Quick and easy registration: Fast, easy, and intuitive booking experience that allows you to book rides for yourself and others, including passengers listed in your account as well as guests.
- Favorites: Use the save payment method often? Simply bookmark your favorite payment methods for easier and efficient ground transportation travel management.
- Real-Time Tracking: Add flight information and we will seamlessly synchronize your ride with your travel progress so you are picked up on time – every time. Also, access your driver’s name and contact information, and track your car’s exact location pending your pick-up.
- History: Access all components of completed and future rides for management of your account both personally and professionally.
Improvements have also been made to the existing Dav El|BostonCoach iOS app available for download on the App Store.
- Easier Payment Methods: Manage payment methods easily when booking, with access from the main menu, as well as search functions by account name or passenger.
- Booking Updates: Improvements and bug fixes to selection of desired travel date(s), time, and vehicle selection(s).
- Improved Recordkeeping: Added features include request for email of ride details, receipts for reimbursement and account-keeping, calendar import options, and more.
Apps are here to stay. That’s for sure. So, to make ground transportation the easiest part of your travel plans, download your Dav El|BostonCoach app of choice today!